For this one, I’m going with some characters from a superhero story I haven’t started writing yet, Neva and Razor. They were really close, but Neva left for multiple reasons, one of them being that Razor wanted more than a friendship, but he’s Muslim and she’s Christian.
1. How long have they known each other, and how close are they?
Six years. They were very close before they broke up.
2. What’s their earliest memory of being best friends?
They met each other in a back alley cage fight type thing where they were both trying to make a dime. Razor volunteered to fight Neva because he figured she’d be better off if he beat her than if she fought a man everyone called the Butcher.
3. Do they fight? How long do they typically fight for?
Besides training, they rarely fought, until Razor wanted to be more than friends, and Neva didn’t want to be “unequally yolked” with a non-believer.
4. Are their personalities similar or do they compliment each other?
They’ve got similar personalities and work well together. Razor tends to be more protective of the gang.
5. Who is the leader of their friendship (if anyone)?
They worked together, without one or the other taking lead.
6. Do they have any secrets from each other?
No, unless it’s one of the things that they keep secret so no one can torture them for the information, like the location of other Powered Gangs.
7. How well do they know each other’s quirks and habits?
Very well. They’re especially good at predicting what the other one will do in a fight.
8. What kind of things do they like to do together?
Normally beat up bad guys.
9. Describe each character’s fashion style (use pictures if you’d like!) How are their styles different/similar?
Both of them like to look somewhat tough. Razor always wears a keffiyeh and a brown trenchcoat while Neva tends to favor dark clothes and leather.
10. How would their lives be different without each other?
After they split, both of them feel like they’re missing something. Razor needs a new team leader and Neva is lonely.