I’m trying Neva again, my female main character from the superhero book I’m trying to write.
1. They’re in a crisis: who would they really like to see right now?
Razor. It doesn’t matter that they’re not together anymore. She knows he’d be the best one to get her out of whatever problem she’s in. If the problem is so serious no one would be able to get her out, then she’d rather die without endangering a friend. (Note that Neva isn’t the type who will die alone; she’d take quite a few of her enemies with her.)
2. Are they easy to get along with?
Neva is rude and doesn’t care what anyone thinks of her. If she hurts someone’s feelings, she’d think they shouldn’t let their feelings be hurt. It’s not that she doesn’t care, it’s that she thinks people need to be tough if they want to survive. (There are a few people, like Razor, who have feelings she cares about.)
3. Who was the last person they had a deep conversation with?
Probably Pastor Gregory. She’s been going to his church since she separated from the gang.
4. They’re in the middle of a huge crowd of people: how do they feel?
Tense. Neva likes to know where threats are and she can’t spot them if there are a lot of people around.
5. Do they believe in luck or miracles?
Miracles, yes. Luck no.
6. Do they like and get along with their neighbors?
Her view of neighbors is both sides should leave each other alone.
7. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
Because of her life and world politics, she doesn’t know much about the rest of the world, but if she knew of someone safe, she’d like to go there.
8. How do they feel about their body?
She likes the way she looks and takes pride in her muscles. She doesn’t use makeup, unless she’s trying to hide her identity. If someone doesn’t like the way she looks, that’s their problem, not hers.
9. What is the cruelest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
Her foster parents said she should have been aborted. She ran away after vandalizing the house.
10. What’s the kindest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
Razor offered to let her stay with him and his sister, which she did. When they broke up, he told her he’d never abandon her, even if she abandoned him. She left in tears.